Emissions of dust, which several years ago were the most visible result of the activities of the company, have been radically reduced. The Cement Mill is also working to protect the environment through using considerable amounts of industrial waste as corrective additives in processes in firing of clinker and cement production. A change was also made in the mentality of employees working in the plant, for whom the environmental protection is now of equal importance to the production process. Those changes were the basis for applying for the Environmental Management certificate according to ISO 14001.
- 2004 - 2007 - Replacement of fabric filters at cement mills with the new generation filters. Installation of modern filters has improved cleaning efficiency and allowed us to reduce emissions and ensure meeting the parameters specified in administrative decisions regarding dust emissions into the air.
- 2006 - Construction of the bulk cement loading terminal. The new bulk cement loading terminal allows the impersonal service, which makes the loading process much faster and provides its course without fugitive emission of dust.
- 2006 - Replacement of compressed air compressors to new generation compressors. Installation of a new generation of compressors allowed the reduction of power consumption and production costs of compressed air as well as noise emissions to the environment.
- 2007 - Central Control. The introduction of a central control based on Siemens PC 7 system allowed for monitoring of equipment throughout the plant from one location. An additional advantage of control is a system failure prediction, which significantly improved the efficiency and safety of the plant.
- 2008 - Replacement of clinker cooler with a new one, by IKN company. Replacing clinker cooler with a newer generation device allowed the appropriate reduction of temperature of the clinker produced. This had a positive impact on further processes, improved the performance of the rotary kiln and ensured the stabilization of the firing process.
- 2009 - Redevelopment of buildings and production halls of the plant. Renovation of a large part of the surface of roads, squares and parking lots on-site. Repair of buildings, production halls and the surface allowed improving the external image of the plant.
- 2009 - Exchange of the slag dryer’s electrostatic precipitator with a new fabric filter with a higher dust collection efficiency contributed to a reduction in dust emissions.
- 2010 - Clinker and slag hall restoration. Thanks to the restoration of the clinker hall it was possible to reduce emissions of particulate matter in the area of the plant arising during transportation, loading and handling of raw materials.
- 2011 - Replacement of electrostatic precipitator in the rotary kiln with a fabric filter. The use of high-efficiency fabric filter allowed for adherence to the emissions limit determined by European regulations.
- 2012 - Change of the transport system of limestone in the mine. The existing transportation system was based on a narrow-gauge railway was replaced with a system of enclosed belt conveyors. Also an intermediate deployment was created, allowing the raw material averaging. Consumption of diesel for transport of stone was also reduced.
- 2012 - Modernization of filters on cement mills. Increasing the surface area of the filters improved the efficiency of gas cleaning.
- 2012 - Modernization of high voltage switchgear. Replacement of the devices and the introduction of modern energy management system have enabled to reduce electricity consumption.
- 2013 - Stone sprinklers at dump stations. Installation of the system allowed reducing the formation of dust during the stone piling.&nnbsp;